Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tis the season of SOLDES (aka sales)

In almost every store window in Paris right now one can spot the word "SOLDES." This does not mean that something was sold, but that there are sales. "Sale" just happens to be one of my favorite words. I can honestly say that I have not bought much for myself in Paris other than toiletries and food up to this point. Thanks to the soldes, I just went to H & M and bought myself three sweaters and some new slippers all for 40 euro. I did need some more sweaters. It is colder here than I thought. At least it feels colder, brought on by the fact that I spend a lot of time outside. I have never appreciated a warm scarf so much. I do not plan to spend a lot more money at these semi-annual sales, but maybe I will take one or two more trips into the stores before they are finished. After all, the next soldes start in July!

No comments: