Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Greta and Heidi


Last night, I fell asleep thinking about two of my favorite friends. They were on my mind because I had just submitted my first blog, and they were truly my inspiration. Heidi and Greta. What amazing, fantastic, fun-loving, full-of-love, hopeful and true people! I had some of my top life moments with these sisters. Ok, so maybe the fact that we were together in France had something to do with it, but still, their energy and zest for life definitely seeped into my soul.

Heidi is a true beauty. She is strong and knows exactly what she wants, even when she is uncertain. Even through tough times, she is level-headed and a mountain of courage. She has more true faith in her beliefs than anyone I have ever met. She loves deeply and laughs easily.

Greta is a poet...not only of words, but of life. She finds beauty and laughter in even the smallest of things. She is a comic (trust me, there are pictures to prove it) and a free spirit (there are pictures to prove that too). She is truly herself. She is not afraid of what others may think, and I love that about her, especially since the things she does, I love to do too...like sing "The Lonely Goatherd," as if she were a true Von Trapp, for example.

The thing that truly amazes me is that within a small amount of time, these wonderful people became closer to me than people I have known for years. They are among my newest friends, yet my friendship with them feels as if it is one I have cherished for years. What I do know is that these wonderful friends are not friends that will simply remain in pictures and nothing else. I will make it a point to stay in touch, even though we live at opposite ends of the country.

These friends are the epitome of truly wonderful people. They deserve only the best in life.

2 comments:

Weisman said...

Oh my goooosh... Betsy!!! I LOVE YOU!! This is the sweetest thing!!

And you should know we became COMPLETELY enamored with you as well-- I can't believe how easily we connected with you, it seriously felt like we'd known each other forever. And how great that our two most favorite places included you and your sparkly blue eyes and your hilarity and up-for-anything-ness, and your sweet temperament?

This blog makes me really miss you. I really hope we do see each other soon!!

Heidi said...

Oh Girl. For some unknown reason, reading this blog made my heart warm...and my mouth crave nutella and crackers.
You're too fantastic for words, and I can't wait to see you again!!! :-)