Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Latest Care Package

Now, before I get into the very interesting detailed account of the contents of my latest care package, I must mention something to my readers about my blogging frequency. I am sorry to my readers for leaving many long, uninterrupted voids between posts. Ideally I would like to be blogging my life away, leaving you all a day-to-day update on an exciting life. Now, being honest with myself and you, I must admit that my life is not, in fact, filled with excitement, thus making day-to-day blogging something that would be very boring and not worth your time, or mine for that matter. Alas, the point of this little rambling is that I just want to inform you that I will try to blog often (hopefully inspiring ideas will really start coming to me), but in all reality, and as my history has shown, don't expect more than a few blogs out of me a month. I'm just not that good at staying up-to-date when it comes to blogging. 

Now that that is out of the way, I will now begin explaining to you all my pathetic list of the contents in my most recent care package. Keep in mind that I have been very excited for its arrival, and I know you are all going to think I am crazy. 

1. My Pumas. I have been wanting these shoes for months and do not know why I ever left them home in the first place. In a city where I do a lot of walking, these things are a necessity that I have really been missing. 

2. Peanut Butter M&M's. Yes, this little entity continually makes itself present in my blogs. Can you tell that I love them? It is actually a good thing that I cannot get these in France. I wouldn't be able to stay away. 

3. Dental Floss. I brought two things of floss with me, knowing that it is a little harder to find over here. I am honestly one of the people that do not feel guilty at the dentist's office when I am asked if I have been flossing regularly. I am a flosser and I am choosy when it comes to my floss. I have found floss here (it's at the pharmacy and sometimes Monoprix, as well as other places I have not thought to look, I'm sure), but I was quickly disappointed at the stuff the person at the pharmacy gave me. It does not come close to the Glide floss I love. However, I think I spotted it at a different Monoprix the other day, so I will be going back to check. 

4. Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter. Need I say more? Yum (I am currently eating it on an English Muffin)! My mom sent me two huge things of it! Thanks Momma!

5. Fiber. I prefer to not explain this. You all can figure it out. 

6. Valentine's Day Card. This was the surprise. I didn't know this was coming and it made me very happy. My mom was really thinking ahead when she sent this. Thank goodness the stores put V-Day stuff out as soon as Christmas is over (and sometimes before). 

I know this all seems so basic to you, but this stuff helps me feel just a little better. I may love France and almost everything about it, but I was raised in the US and am used to my favorites. Thanks Mom! My peanut butter stock should last me until my parents come to France in April. If not, well, I'll just have to wander to the exotic foods section and buy a tiny, expensive tub of it. 

No comments: