Thursday, September 17, 2009

Black Wednesday

Today, along with every other Wednesday, is referred to by me as "Black Wednesday."  This was not my idea at all, but it seems to fit.  As an au pair in France, Wednesdays can be a bit daunting because many French children do not have school on Wednesdays, or only go to school for part of a day.  Sophie, the mother of the family I live with, introduced me to this name, which was introduced to her by her previous au pair (thanks Janelle!). 

Thankfully, this Wednesday was not too bad.  Well, I'll just say it could have definitely been worse. It could even be referred to as a "Gray Wednesday." This morning after breakfast, things turned bad quickly.  All three children were complaining and not listening.  Luckily the father of the family was home for a little while and straightened them out for me.  After that, I just stayed on top of it, not letting them give me any attitude or whatever without being disciplined, and it was fine.  We went to a nearby park and then came home for lunch and a nap.  I love nap time, even though the oldest stays up with me.  It's just nice to have some calm.  I only had one huge temper tantrum to deal with today, which was shorter than most, so all in all, it was a good day.  I'm over the hump and the weekend is in sight.  Weekends are the best part of being an au pair.  Sorry for the short, boring blog.  There has not been a lot to write about, especially when I spend most of my time during the week with the kids.  

No comments: