Saturday, September 26, 2009

Update..

First of all, sorry for not blogging all week long.  It has been sort of a stressful week.  Thank goodness it is officially the weekend.  

I had some issues I needed to bring up with the parents having to do with my hours, etc.  I was very nervous about bringing up the topic with them, but I know I had to because it was eating away at me.  Already it feels better even though there are still some things that urk me.  At least they are aware that I was working a lot more than I should have been and have been making a conscious effort to keep my hours to those specified in the contract.  I had to stay home all day yesterday with a sick child and they told me that they would pay me extra.  I am not sure that would have happened if I would not have talked to them about it. 

The oldest child is still giving me a lot of trouble.  I still deal with a temper tantrum everyday, but my tactic of ignoring her seems to be working and really makes her mad.  Hopefully things will start improving soon. If they don't, I don't know what I'm going to do...probably go insane.  Crystal was able to witness one of these fits on Wednesday and could not believe how horrible she was.  Crystal says she has never in her life seen a child behave like that.  At least she is very sweet when she is not being horrible.  

As for my Paris adventures, I was not able to do a lot because I was sort of glued to the house 2 of the 5 days.  Crystal and I did participate in our normal wanderings.  On Tuesday we went to Place des Vosges, where Victor Hugo once lived. 


On Thursday we went to Monoprix to buy stuff for sandwiches and ate it on a nice lawn near Invalides.  It was the perfect spot.  We could see Invalides of course,  Pont Alexander III (a beautiful bridge), the Eiffel Tower, and Grand Palais.  Then we went for a walk around Champs Elysees before heading back to my area to pick up our kids.  After the long week, I did have a very nice, relaxing weekend, which I will talk about later.

Crystal has hopefully found a wonderful family to work for.  She has been staying at the foyer where I first stayed for the last week.  The family is actually an American family.  The kids are very sweet and the parents are kind.  Crystal knew this family must be "important" when she received contact information on U.S. Senate stationary.  Apparently the mother was an advisor to Obama.  I'm not really sure, but we're hoping to be around when he stops in for a visit someday.  That would be so cool!  Hopefully she will move in on Wednesday once her background check goes through.  We ran into the family on Sunday while walking so I got to meet them...and their security guards.  Crazy.  Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments: