Friday, September 4, 2009

Mmmmmm....

So, in my last post, I finished with the fact that I desperately wanted some chocolate and was going to create a little stash for myself. Well, I did it and it made me so happy. It's funny how the little things in life, like chocolate cookies, can really make a difference. I don't really know why I'm blogging about this...

Yesterday I got off the Metro and entered the Monoprix (French grocery/everything store), which I felt was desperately awaiting me and my purchases. I strolled through the aisles, knowing I needed several things, but for some reason forgot to make a list. I knew I needed toothpaste, so I got that, but I couldn't think of anything else other than chocolate. It was like my brain was fixating on one thing and everything else was given a rain check. "Do I need face wash, eye solution, ....? I don't remember..." I decided I better grab my chocolate so my mind could become a little clearer. Haha. It didn't work. Whatever. I waited in line feeling a bit embarrassed. Everyone else around me was buying normal groceries such as vegetables and bread, and I was waiting there probably looking like a fool. In my hands I held two boxes of these amazing cookies (le Petit Ecolier...Monoprix brand), a three pack of Milka chocolate bars, two Coca Lites, toothpaste, and a pack of gum. Chocolate, Minty stuff, and Diet coke (well sorta). Nice. Very healthy. Way to fit in. 

I ate several of those little cookies on my walk home and OMG, they were AMAZING. I ate half of a pack. Luckily, it is just what I needed and I have only eaten a few of those delicious cookies today. 

No comments: